Let me paint you some pictures. A bottle of Chablis, perhaps a Malbec, a picnic blanket, a baguette, a blue sky, a river babbling behind you …and a cheese platter. Of course that someone special has bought prepared this picture for you.
How about a group of friends sitting around and discussing what is going on this global world of ours. The Shiraz is flowing, the beers are cold and there are cheeses, crackers and fresh fruits all fuelling the debates. I know that this happens in our own home, a lot.
How about just eating cheese because it tastes so good ..anytime.
To paint your picture, have a look at the following and choose your own story. These are just some of the world’s many types of cheese, and they are popular and very good. Some are new to me like Tupi and Catupiry, but I know that as a cheese fanatic i will be seeking these out on my travels, or trying to source them locally. Because I am Australian, I can totally vouch for the Milawa Chèvre, which is a goat’s cheese from Wangaratta, in southern NSW and near to the wine region of Rutherglen. Picture this, Milawa Chèvre, and fine local wines in Australia under the open skies. It works.
I have a total weakness for blue vein cheese so the New Zealand Kapiti Kikorangi is one that I am seeking out.
Which cheese do you want to try?
Some countries like the Netherlands and Italy, both renowned for their cheeses, are so special that they deserve their own stories.
These 29 Cheeses from Around the World will help to inspire you to paint your own picture.
It won’t be hard.
It’s Link Up Time!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
[inlinkz_linkup id=524145 mode=1]